PatientMatters is a leading eligibility and revenue cycle healthcare company. PatientMatters helps hospitals and health systems offer highly-personalized financial solutions that improve satisfaction, cash flow, profitability and outcomes.
We have an immediate Full-Time, Eligibility Screener position (40 hours/week; Thursday - Monday, 8 am to 5 pm) in the Omaha, NE, Elkhorn NE, and Council Bluffs, IA area. You will be working weekends and driving between all three offices mentioned – only on the weekends, which requires driving under 30 miles(mileage reimbursed). Thursday, Friday and Monday you will be working in the Elkhorn, NE office. You must be able to work weekends and some holidays. This Patient Financial Counselor position is hospital based and requires a strong Administrative skill set.
Eligibility Screener Job Duties & Requirements:
- Interviewing patients bed-side in hospital setting between 3 different hospitals to determine eligibility and coverage for government programs
- Assisting patients with applications, interviews, appointments and all other necessary steps to obtain certification for medical coverage
- File management and phone work
- Must be able to stand/walk the hospital floors about 75% of the day
- Data entry
- Experience in working in an office environment where people contact and multi-tasking were skills needed to succeed
- Motivated individual who desires to make a difference in others’ lives by working directly with clients and multiple government agencies
- Strong Communication skills required, both orally and in writing
- Dedicated to working with people of various educational and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities with demonstrated experience in case management to include some medical knowledge - desired
- Must be able to interpret and define an extensive variety of problems, collect data, document the facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong Data Entry Skills and Experience
- Reliable transportation is required
- Government benefit at least 1 year experience is preferred
- 401k/ROTH - company match
- Health - PPO and HSA
- Company provided life, short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
PatientMatters philosophy is to recruit and hire qualified people who have knowledge of various public benefit programs and who share our commitment to serving self-pay patients, healthcare providers and the communities in which we are located. If you have healthcare experience in assisting applicants with public benefits programs, or if you’re just ready for a new opportunity that will use your professional experience and skills in helping individuals, we want you on our team!